Platinum Member - A Platinum Member is a certified fitness professional with a College diploma or a University degree in a health and fitness related field, and/or has met OFC criteria for TFL status.
Gold Member - A Gold Member has 2 or more OFC approved Specialty Certifications, or is a Certified Personal Trainer with an approved affiliate organization.
Silver Member - A Silver Member has 1 OFC approved certification or 1 affiliate organization's certification.
Business Rewards and Networking Member - A BRN member is not currently certified and registered in OFC Fitness Theory, an Affiliate Certification or an OFC approved Specialty Certification.
The Ontario Fitness Council (OFC) is the recognized provincial body of the National Fitness Leadership Alliance (NFLA) which sets the highest standards for fitness professionals across Canada.
OFC registered fitness professionals are recognized and insured to train across Canada. The Ontario Fitness Council is proud to announce the launch of our revamped website ......
Were you an Original OFC Member? - If so - we want to welcome you back! - Click Here
The Ontario Fitness Council welcomes individuals certified by various international and national accredited organizations or companies, to become registered with the OFC.
Links to further information
- Trainer of Fitness Leaders (TFL) A leader who has met the necessary qualifications to deliver OFC approved Fitness Leadership Training Courses according to OFC/NFLA standards.
- Continuing Education Credits (CEC) Continuing Education Credits are earned through professional development opportunities in the form of workshops, courses...etc
- Certification and Registration Procedure The Ontario Fitness Council supports approved Certification Providers and acts mainly as a registration and support system for Certified Fitness Leaders.
- Performance Standards The OFC/NFLA Performance Standards must be met before certification is granted under each designation.
- Scope of Practice An OFC Group Fitness Trainer has met pre-requisites in Fitness Theory and also has been certified in an approved specialty course, including all theoretical and practical exams, based on one or more of the learning objectives designed for OFC Group Fitness Trainer registration.
Par-Q Forms The Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) is a 1-page form to see if you should check with your doctor before becoming much more physically active.
Waiver Form Templates Includes OFC The main purpose of the waiver and/or informed consent is to advise your client(s) of the risks and benefits of participating in your fitness class(es) and may give you some protection if a lawsuit is filed against you.
First Aid/CPR Requirements Fitness Leaders are required to have a current CPR certification (level A or higher) and a current First Aid certification
Insurance Information - As a fitness/health professional, it is necessary to ensure that you are covered adequately with both commercial and professional liability insurance coverage
Click here for more detailed information on each item above
OFC recognized Fitness Partners
Ontario Fitness Council in delivering high standards of health and fitness for the benefit of their members
as well as their member's clients. Read More
23 AprSPRING PILATES SESSION IN BRANTFORD 23 Apr 2013 to 25 Jun 2013 07:00 PM to 08:00 PM
GET FIT FOR SUMMER WITH PILATES! Taught
25 MayTurbo Kick Certification 25 May 2013 08:30 AM to 05:00 PM
Get certified to teach Turbo Kick! This is a great
26 MayBone Fit™ workshops 26 May 2013 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Bone Fit™- Do you work with people
01 JunSport Conditioning Specialist Certification 01 Jun 2013 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM
St Catharines Kiwanis Aquatic Centre, 425 Carlton
01 JunSynchrofit 4 hour CEC Workshop 01 Jun 2013 02:00 PM to 06:00 PM
Combine the grace and precision of synchronized
15 JunKL Adventure race 15 Jun 2013 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
This is our second year and we hope to get more teams.
22 JunRehabilitation Specialist Certification 22 Jun 2013 to 23 Jun 2013 11:00 AM to 07:00 PM
This program is an advanced training program for
11 JulSenior H20 Fitness Instructor Certification 11 Jul 2013 to 12 Jul 2013 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM
The goal of this program is to provide a comprehensive
14 SepInstructor Certification 14 Sep 2013 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM
This program is a research-based exercise design
12 OctAquatic Personal Trainer Specialist Certification 12 Oct 2013 to 13 Oct 2013 01:00 PM to 09:00 PM
This program will help you to apply advanced scientific