Come join our team! The Recreation and Parks department is looking for candidates who share our corporate values of Honesty, Excellence, Team, Fun, Creativity and Respect. These values are second nature for the successful candidates and are demonstrated in their work and interactions with colleagues and the community.
Under the supervision of the Recreation Coordinator, this position is responsible for the design and delivery of a sessional group fitness class. The Professional Instructor will be prepared for each class and ensure the program is led in a safe, fun and effective manner.
• Inspect program area and equipment to ensure space is prepared, safe and welcoming
• Deliver a high quality fitness class in a professional and pleasant manner, adhering to program outline and scheduled time.
• Supervise participants and remain actively involved in program at all times.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding participant information.
• Tend to any incidents or personal injuries as required and complete and forward documentation to Recreation Coordinator.
• Current certification with a recognized organization (OFC; CanFitPro; Yoga; Zumba) is required
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Current Standard First Aid & CPR
Hours of Work: Evening and daytime hours available depending on area of interest.
Walk Fit (Acton) – Wednesday 9.00 – 10.00am
Compensation: The hourly rate of pay is $33.52 (Dependant on qualifications).
Qualified candidates may submit a cover letter and detailed resume to Erin Carter.
Erin Carter – Recreation Coordinator – Active Living
Town of Halton Hills
1 Halton Hills Drive
Halton Hills, ON L7G 5G2
(905) 873-2601 ext. 2360