OFC recognized Fitness Partners
Ontario Fitness Council in delivering high standards of health and fitness for the benefit of their members
as well as their members clients. Read More
Platinum Member - A Platinum Member is a certified fitness professional with a College diploma or a University degree in a health and fitness related field, and/or has met OFC criteria for TFL status.
Gold Member - A Gold Member has 2 or more OFC approved Specialty Certifications, or is a Certified Personal Trainer with an approved affiliate organization.
Silver Member - A Silver Member has 1 OFC approved certification or 1 affiliate organization's certification.
The Ontario Fitness Council welcomes individuals certified by various international and national accredited organizations or companies, to become registered with the OFC.
Links to further information
- Trainer of Fitness Leaders (TFL) A leader who has met the necessary qualifications to deliver OFC approved Fitness Leadership Training Courses according to OFC/NFLA standards.
- Continuing Education Credits (CEC) Continuing Education Credits are earned through professional development opportunities in the form of workshops, courses...etc
- Certification and Registration Procedure The Ontario Fitness Council supports approved Certification Providers and acts mainly as a registration and support system for Certified Fitness Leaders.
- Performance Standards The OFC/NFLA Performance Standards must be met before certification is granted under each designation.
- Scope of Practice An OFC Group Fitness Trainer has met pre-requisites in Fitness Theory and also has been certified in an approved specialty course, including all theoretical and practical exams, based on one or more of the learning objectives designed for OFC Group Fitness Trainer registration.
Par-Q Forms The Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) is a 1-page form to see if you should check with your doctor before becoming much more physically active.
Waiver Form Templates Includes OFC The main purpose of the waiver and/or informed consent is to advise your client(s) of the risks and benefits of participating in your fitness class(es) and may give you some protection if a lawsuit is filed against you.
First Aid/CPR Requirements Fitness Leaders are required to have a current CPR certification (level A or higher) and a current First Aid certification
Insurance Information - As a fitness/health professional, it is necessary to ensure that you are covered adequately with both commercial and professional liability insurance coverage
Click here for more detailed information on each item above
NFLA CANADA is committed to improving the health of Canadians through active living by supporting the fitness and exercise professional industry, with a standardized registration program that is transparent and unbiased. Its main focus is on the development and stewardship of national standards for fitness leader registration across Canada, and acting as an advocate for fitness leadership at the National level. Our involvement with ICREPs will further these goals, providing international recognition for our Canadian fitness professionals, and allowing for the sharing of best practices internationally.
International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals (ICREPS)
ICREPs is a membership based organisation. Our members all operate independent, competency based registration systems for exercise/fitness professionals. ICREPs members operate in 4 continents, over seven countries, and collectively register over 60,000 individual exercise professionals. ICREPs has also produced a global matrix that maps each ICREPs member’s registration levels against the others, which provides a clear pathway for exercise professionals considering moving countries.
09 SepFitness Leadership Certification Program in Hamilton, Ontario 09 Sep 2013 to 13 Dec 2016 01:00 PM to 01:00 PM
The YWCA Hamilton, in partnership with the Ontario
02 NovPre & Post Natal Instructor Certification OR 8.0 CEC Workshop 02 Nov 2014 08:30 AM to 04:30 PM
Pre & Post Natal Instructor Certification Water
28 NovH2O Instructor Certification (40 hrs) 28 Nov 2014 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM
Date:Friday- Sunday, November 28, 29 & 30, December
22 FebSeniors Instructor Certification OR 8.0 CEC Workshop 22 Feb 2015 08:30 AM to 04:30 PM
Seniors Instructor Certification Priorities